[coreboot] via vt82c686 southbridge -> success!!

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 09:45:17 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Daniel Lindenaar
<daniel-coreboot at lindenaar.eu> wrote:
> Daniel Lindenaar wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>> I've added some debug and it seems the elfboot code cannot read the ROM.
>> Every byte it tries to access is 0xff. It's a 512k rom chip and elfboot
>> tries to access 0xfffe0000-0xfffeffff. Any clues on how to fix that?
>>
> Indeed, elfboot couldn't read the rom..., because it wasn't mapped to
> virtual memory. With that fixed, it loads filo, which boots linux
> successfully . Still some more devices need to get functional, but the main
> thing works... great!

Awesome, congrats! And great that your biggest issue was the
southbridge, it's normally the northbridge and memory init that's the
hardest part.

> Thanks to all you people helping me out.
> Daniel

Sorry I couldn't be more help, just read your last message about the
rom not being read, had I seen it earlier I might've saved you some
time.

-Corey