[coreboot] Coreboot v3 producing 4 gigabyte files

Stephen Crocker scrocker at ampltd.com
Mon Sep 15 17:52:03 CEST 2008

I am running into the following problem building coreboot v3 for an AMD
Geode LX board that my company is developing:

Building coreboot v3...
   CP      build/config.h
   GEN     build/build.h
   BUILD   build/coreboot.bootblock
cat: write error: No space left on device
make[1]: ***
[/usr/src/tinygx/buildrom/buildrom-devel/work/coreboot-v3/svn/build/coreboot.bootblock]
Error 1
make: ***
[/usr/src/tinygx/buildrom/buildrom-devel/work/coreboot-v3/svn/build/coreboot.rom]
Error 2

The stage0.init file is 4294967296 bytes and the coreboot.bootblock file
is 3940851712 bytes long.  The configuration that I am building is
derived from the AMD DB800 board, but with an ITE Super I/O instead on
the Winbond one.  I have attached the .config files from the autobuilder
and from coreboot itself.  I would be grateful for any insight that can
be provided.