[coreboot] splash screen

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 23 15:00:03 CEST 2008

On 23.09.2008 13:47, ron minnich wrote:
> I need some help with getting a splashscreen up. This is a short
> deadline,, I am looking to have coreboot boot and show this screen
> for, say, 5 seconds. I need it working by oct. 20.

What about a Linux splashscreen with Geode framebuffer?

> If anyone has pointers on where to start in learning how to set this
> up, I would appreciate it.

Maybe libpayload can do it, otherwise I'd go for a OS which can use
Geode graphics directly (if you want Geode).

> It needs to be on real hardware -- I might try it with a DBE62 if I
> can get one in time, or and ADL board if not.
>
> Any vendor who would like their logo on this splash (if it makes
> sense) be sure to send me your logo and your permission.

The following external references were missing:
Coreboot_full_web.png
DOE_logo_07.jpg
lanl_logo.jpg
logo-sandia.jpg

> This demo is for a cybersecurity workshop I am going to, various
> people in the US are realizing now that security concerns extend into
> the BIOS, and they're also understanding the value of an open source
> bios. Actually some folks are *very* concerned about what can go on in
> the BIOS as this point ... I will try to remember to put a recent talk
> up on the web site next week.

Cool.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel