[coreboot] splash screen

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Tue Sep 23 15:24:07 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 04:47:56AM -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> I need some help with getting a splashscreen up. This is a short
> deadline,, I am looking to have coreboot boot and show this screen
> for, say, 5 seconds. I need it working by oct. 20.
>
> If anyone has pointers on where to start in learning how to set this
> up, I would appreciate it.

GRUB 2 can setup splashscreens and wait for an arbitrary number of seconds
with scripting.  The only caveat would be to get a video backend that works
on coreboot.

This is in fact somewhere in my TODO list, so I might be able to help, depending
on what you need.  Is this intended to run in a specific chipset, or provide
generic VBE support for PCI cards via expansion ROMs?

--
Robert Millan