[coreboot] splash screen

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Sep 23 19:28:05 CEST 2008

Jordan Crouse wrote:
> Libpayload could do what you need.
..

> So Geode can do a splash screen really easily

Note that the video mode set by libpayload's Geode driver does not
play well with most monitors.

I have only been able to get an image on two old, analog-only TFT:s.
Newer/cheaper TFT:s and projectors can't sync.

This is on an alix1c board.

It would be great if the mode was tweaked a little to either the
standard 640x350 mode 3, or some standard framebuffer mode 640x480,
800x600 or 1024x768.

> - VESA would require a driver, but in the end that wouldn't be such
> a bad thing since I've been saying we've needed a VESA driver for
> some time now.

I agree.

//Peter