Dell Latitude CPi A366XT
The wiki is being retired!
Documentation is now handled by the same processes we use for code: Add something to the Documentation/ directory in the coreboot repo, and it will be rendered to https://doc.coreboot.org/. Contributions welcome!
The Dell Latitude CPi A366XT is an older laptop with 440BX chipset. We're currently evaluating if it's possible to write coreboot support for it.
- Northbridge: Intel 82443BX (440BX)
- Southbridge: Intel 82371EB (PIIX4E)
- Super I/O: SMSC FDC37N958FR
- The Super I/O also "contains" the embedded controller (EC), which is an 8051 derivate.
- Audio/video controller: Neomagic NM2200 MagicGraph/MagicMedia 256AV
- PCMCIA controller: Texas Instruments PCI1225
- ROM/BIOS chip: AMD AM29F040B (PLCC, 512 KB, parallel protocol, socketed)
- Unfortunately you can not hot-swap a chip in this laptop, it'll immediately do a hard poweroff if you try it (the EC firmware, which is part of the flash chip, likely doesn't like you removing the chip).
-[0000:00]-+-00.0 Intel Corporation 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX Host bridge [8086:7190] +-01.0-[0000:01]--+-00.0 Neomagic Corporation NM2200 [MagicGraph 256AV] [10c8:0005] | \-00.1 Neomagic Corporation NM2200 [MagicMedia 256AV Audio] [10c8:8005] +-03.0 Texas Instruments PCI1225 [104c:ac1c] +-03.1 Texas Instruments PCI1225 [104c:ac1c] +-07.0 Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ISA [8086:7110] +-07.1 Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE [8086:7111] +-07.2 Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB [8086:7112] \-07.3 Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI [8086:7113]
processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 6 model name : Mobile Pentium II stepping : 10 cpu MHz : 363.984 cache size : 256 KB fdiv_bug : no hlt_bug : no f00f_bug : no coma_bug : no fpu : yes fpu_exception : yes cpuid level : 2 wp : yes flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr up bogomips : 728.89 clflush size : 32
ROM chip (PLCC, socketed), RAM
Integrated audio/video controller
|This work is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or any later version. This work is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.|