Jump to navigation Jump to search
The wiki is being retired!
Documentation is now handled by the same processes we use for code: Add something to the Documentation/ directory in the coreboot repo, and it will be rendered to https://doc.coreboot.org/. Contributions welcome!
Our long term goal is to replace the common LinuxBIOS payload FILO with a LinuxBIOS-capable version of GRUB2.
Patrick Georgi has been working on GRUB2 for LinuxBIOS during the Google Summer of Code 2007.
Find his code here:
- Fix lbgrub2 for LinuxBIOS v2
- GRUB2's grub-mkimage needs to put the program headers right after the elf header. (Fix available)
- USB stack integration
- Fix larfs to reflect latest changes
- export console device in linuxbios table and read this entry in grub2.
- See more information at http://tracker.linuxbios.org/trac/LinuxBIOS/milestone/Port%20GRUB2%20to%20LinuxBIOS
How to build GRUB2 as a payload
$ # build lbgrub2: $ # target/target_alias assume that you use i386-elf-gcc $ configure --with-platform=linuxbios --prefix=$PWD/installed $ make && make install $ $PWD/installed/bin/grub-mkimage -o core.img normal fat iso9660 ext2 pc atadisk rom lar ls cat cmp hello help serial terminal test configfile multiboot boot loopback
How to help?
Contact Stefan Reinauer or the LinuxBIOS mailing list for more information.