The wiki is being retired!
Documentation is now handled by the same processes we use for code: Add something to the Documentation/ directory in the coreboot repo, and it will be rendered to https://doc.coreboot.org/. Contributions welcome!
Our long term goal is to replace the common coreboot payload FILO with a coreboot-capable version of GRUB2.
Patrick Georgi has been working on GRUB2 for LinuxBIOS during the Google Summer of Code 2007.
Find his code here:
- Fix lbgrub2 for LinuxBIOS v2
- GRUB2's grub-mkimage needs to put the program headers right after the elf header (Fix available).
- USB stack integration
- Fix larfs to reflect latest changes
- export console device in linuxbios table and read this entry in grub2.
- See more information at http://tracker.linuxbios.org/trac/LinuxBIOS/milestone/Port%20GRUB2%20to%20LinuxBIOS
How to build GRUB2 as a payload
$ # build lbgrub2: $ # target/target_alias assume that you use i386-elf-gcc $ configure --with-platform=linuxbios --prefix=$PWD/installed $ make && make install $ $PWD/installed/bin/grub-mkimage -o core.img normal fat iso9660 ext2 pc atadisk rom lar ls cat cmp hello help serial terminal test configfile multiboot boot loopback